Thursday, January 1, 2009

Goals for 2009

Thought I would share some of my financial and personal goals for the new year.

*increase my giving to my church
*keep up with the $5 CVS challenge, and include Walgreen's as well(when possible)
*create a more workable budget
*bake more from scratch
included in the above goal is to find the replacement part for my bread maker!
*create a gift box (we seem to be swamped with birthday parties in the spring time, so this will help a lot)
*cut energy costs! I have to get a drying line up this year!!!
*make my own laundry soap
*recycle as much as possible in my community (we don't have a recycling pick-up or program here)
*plant a garden
*post an item on Freecycle weekly, I really need to get rid of stuff
*get my house organized (I can dream anyway,LOL
*I need to get some serious help with this blog. I really, really only know basics, and I need to learn some things! I would love to have a blinkie, and post other ppls blinkies here too. Need a blog makeover,teehee.

*this is going to be the year that I finally learn to sew!

I can think of so many, many things I need to do, but I am sure no one wants to be reading this post for hours on end!
Hope you all had a safe New Years Eve!

Be blessed in this New Year!

3 comments:

Alana Jo said...

If you need a simple blog makeover I can help ya out. :) Just email me.

Unknown said...

You have some great goals for the new year!

Amy @ Literacy Launchpad said...

I share a couple of your goals:
- cooking more from scratch
- planting a garden

I also would love to learn to sew (better)! I have a machine, I just need to utilize it more! I need to add this one to my list.

Glad I found your blog. I plan to visit it regularly!

I haven't been updating my blog much. Maybe that should be one of my goals as well... My apologies if you decide to visit!